THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF…
- You pride yourself on arriving to work on time.
- You love nature and want to work outdoors.
- Being a part of a team and working for the greater good excites you.
- People come to you to solve problems.
- You are known to have great attention to details.
- Safety is a priority and you can communicate effectively.
HERE’S WHAT AN ORDINARY DAY OF WORK MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- First thing, you would meet with the Production Manager/Arborist in the morning to discuss/strategize the jobs for the day.
- You would gather the proper equipment(s) and prep as necessary for the jobs. (ie: clean, fill with gas, sharpen blades, blow out air filters on chippers)
- When you arrive to the job site, you would be responsible for ensuring the safe work zones so that no pedestrian comes in harms’ way. (ie: setting up warning signs, cones and tape, moving and replacing any objects that could be damaged)
- Haul brush and wood from the tree to the chipper.
- Assist the tree climber by attaching equipment to the line, judge distances from the climber to the ground, estimate wood weights, run the line, and use various hand and power tools.
- When you complete a job, walk the job site to inspect, return all equipment, signs, cones back to trucks, and clean up. Our goal is to always leave the property better than we found it.
- When returning back to the shop, you would be responsible for re-fueling the truck(s) and replacing equipment so that it is ready for the next day.