Number of ash trees
saved by RTEC
Amount of air pollution
removed by Washington DC
Square feet of canopy
protected through our Canopy Protection Program
Who We Serve
Our Promises To You
We honor our commitments. If we ever fall short, we’ll make it right.
Andy Ross, RTEC Treecare’s founder, president, and CEO, grew up in a family of conservationists and naturalists. His brother was a professional tree climber, and they worked together for a couple of years. “I’ve always had a love for nature and the environment,” says Ross.
Ross founds RTEC Treecare in Falls Church, VA.
RTEC joins Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA.) From early days in business, he is aided by this advice from the Tree Care Industry Association Magazine, “Six Things You Can Do to Professionalize Your Company.”
1) Get your crews uniforms.
2) Letter your trucks.
3) Start taking credit cards
4) Make sure you have a signed, formal contract before starting work.
5) Do some form of advertising.
6) Focus on running as professional a company as possible.
Winner of TCIA Excellence in Arboriculture award for tree care at Smithsonian National Zoological Park’s giant panda exhibit: reduced hazards in the exhibit’s trees, load tested newly pruned trees, and improved the critical root zone so pandas could climb the trees without getting hurt. Check out the Giant Panda Cam at the Smithsonian National Zoo
Andy Ross is founding member of TCIA’s Accreditation Council. He leads RTEC Treecare team through the accreditation process, making RTEC the first accredited tree care business in Virginia.
RTEC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security with its Small Business Achievement Award (the only tree company to be so honored.)
Andy Ross discovers infestation of invasive Emerald Ash Borer in Falls Church, Virginia, confirmed by University of Maryland Entomology Department. RTEC leads charge against this invasive pest by hosting a media event to educate the public and making a commitment to saving ash trees through inoculation.
RTEC certified arborists design Canopy Protection Plan to provide proactive plant health care on ongoing basis.
Andy Ross elected to serve as TCIA Board chair.
The Environmental Justice Alliance is launched as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that partners with industry professionals to provide environmental solutions for historically underserved communities.
RTEC provides crane safety demonstration for OSHA to show importance of designated standards for crane workers in arboriculture. (Currently OSHA applies forestry guidelines for arborists.)
RTEC celebrates our 25th anniversary!
We are scientists. We implement the newest technology and methods to improve our client’s properties, including a digital tracking system to keep track of service records and trees.
We continuously lessen our environmental footprint by:
- Using technology to digitize client files, invoices, and more
- Utilizing eco-friendly oils in our equipment
- Recycling all the plant material we take from client properties
- Using organic and natural products whenever possible
- NEVER spraying near pollinators and other beneficial insects
- Performing plant health care treatments responsibly with great care taken to prevent product runoff or overspray
- And more!
Find out how you can be part of our team as a
tree care specialist, manager or supervisor, or administrative support person.
Our Core Values
RTEC Treecare is a leader in arboriculture and environmental solutions located near the nation’s capital. We are proud of our award-winning service as conservationists, environmentalists, and advocates for trees.
Quality Service and Dependability
Our customers know they are in good hands with RTEC Treecare. Over the years, they have come to count on our solid reputation for excellence. These core values drive our hiring practices, enliven our team, and set us apart from the competition.
The Environmental Justice Alliance
One of our passions is to improve the health, safety, and appearance of historically underserved communities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area via the Environmental Justice Alliance. We believe that all people deserve:
- Protection from environmental and health hazards,
- Access to a healthy environment in which to live, learn, and work,
- An opportunity to participate in environmental decision-making that impact their communities.
Awards & Affiliations
- Meeting or exceeding industry standards
- Joining and leading industry associations that are responsible for setting high standards